Last week LudoCraft released the 0.60 Alpha update for AirBuccaneers HD. This is their biggest update so far and includes a new map called Trollivuono, new post process effects for the game and XP is now accumulated for both player’s characters equally.
LudoCraft have told us that this will be the game’s last major Alpha release before the Beta, but they will keep releasing smaller updates and fixes in the meantime. Check out the full patch notes after the break.
- Admin can now restart map with /restartmap.
- Admin can now skip to next map with /nextmap.
- New post process effects.
- New airmine models added. Airmines look different for both teams.
- Added new map: Trollivuono.
- Fixed wind bump sound being played for all players everywhere.
- Fixed camera sometimes showing view from (0,0,0) after level has loaded.
- Fixed wrong message in updater when cancelling download.
- Fixed mouse/focus issues in KickVote system.
- Musket projectile should now hit center of crosshair.
- Fixed a rare case where server authentication could fail.
- Players can no longer set same character name as other players.
- Fixed issues with invisible/disappearing weapons.
- Fixed server full issue.
- Fixed control bindings not getting saved to settings.txt.
- Fixed characters sometimes falling through end room floor.
- Disconnect/connect exploit is no longer usable when KickVote is running.
- Animation blending improvements.
- Animation fixes/changes.
- All explosions now cause ragdoll to fly outwards from explosion origin if player dies.
- Admin privileges will now stay permamently while admin is ingame.
- Telescope performance fix.
- Quality settings now have a Custom quality which is the only one where advanced settings can be changed.
- Fixed invalid AA level being set from advanced settings when changing it.
- Fixed XpToNextRank and Rank not updating between level loads.
- Boost selection arrow now has shadow.
- Fixed chat not working if joining when game is in end room mode.
- Fixed captured ship not giving xp when destroyed.
- Fixed captured ship not giving xp for hits.
- Fixed airmine projectile sometimes hitting the player shooting it.
- Fixed potential issue where airmine projectile could destroy the active airmine on creation.
- Fixed cannon sometimes not playing shoot sound properly.
- Gunpowder is again thrown automatically if held for too long.
- Added next level name to loading screen.
- Fixed team selection not saving in ranked games when changing team.
- Fixed footstep landing sound playing on jump and not on land.
- Server indicators now scale animation based on player amount in each server.
- Increased kirmukarmu check frequency.
- XP is now accumulated for player’s both characters equally.
- Decreased XP gained from boarding by 80%.
- No XP is given from boarding anchored ships.
- Decreased flamer damage by 13%.
- Increased rocket launch force by 31%.
- Decreased active airmine base damage by 34%
- Active airmine now gives decreased damage to players (66% of the base damage).
- Airmine will now add impulse force to players when exploding.
AirBuccaneers HD is now also available from GamersGate here. In a statement from LudoCraft they said:
It’s great to have another distribution channel for the game and we are very happy to have the chance to work with GamersGate.
Alexander “AJ” Bridgwood