Today we have a trailer heavy Hot Press for you on gaming with two great videos for games coming out next year and a roundup of today’s best Steam deals in the Christmas sale.
Operation Flashpoint: Red River – Introducing Staff Sgt Knox:
In the latest video released by Codemasters we are introduced to Staff Sergeant Damien Knox who tells us that by using his experience he will protect his marines and accomplish the mission set. Some great game play footage is shown in the trailer showing off various vehicles, environments which are set in night, day and in between and various weapons. It will be interesting to see how much freedom you will have in accomplishing your missions but we do know now from Codemasters via their Twitter that the focus is on infantry in this game which means that there will be no flying around in helicopters this time round!
Visit the official Operation Flashpoint: Red River website here.
Getting defeated in Total War: Shogun 2’s 2nd Battle Report:
Creative Assembly have released a second battle report for Total War: Shogun 2 with developers Kieran Bridgden and Ingimar Gudmunsson taking on a defensive siege situation against enemy AI. At 16 minutes this is a massive gameplay video from the team and they provide a detailed report throughout the battle. They do mention at the start of the video that this is pre-alpha gameplay but the AI already shows a fantastic sense of awareness and seeks to consistently exploit your weaknesses as the battle progresses. Animations are great and the soldiers/units are incredibly detailed and the castle’s have a lot of different areas and options for creating defensive strategies.
Visit the official Total War: Shogun 2 website here.
Steam’s Christmas Sale – Day 2:
Well I think there are 5 fantastic offers here today including:
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut for £3.25 which is a massive 75% off the normal price. Released in 2007 this is a great buy especially if you fancy giving the original a go before the sequel which is due for release next year.
- Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box for £3.75. Yet again this is a massive 75% off the normal price and having been developed by Criterion games and released in 2009 for the PC it is a great addition to the Burnout series allowing for a free roam approach to the world.
- Men of War: Gold Edition for £7.50. You get Men of War and its expansion Men of War: Red Tide in this pack for a saving of 50% and for that price you could even look at it as getting the expansion free. What is it? Well an incredibly detailed WW2 RTS by 1C.
- Gothic Bundle for £23.99. Included in the Gothic bundle it Gothic 1, 2, 3 (gold edition) and 4. To put all this into perspective Gothic 4 was released in October and its normal price on Steam is £29.99 so for £23.99 you not only get this RPG cheaper than the normal price but you also get 1-3 effectively thrown in free!
- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light for £3.40. With a saving of 66% you can buy this new take on the Lara Croft series which you can even play in co-op with a friend. Released in September this is yet another bargain and for fans of the series it is no doubt a definate purchase.
Some great deals from the Steam sale today and there will no doubt be plenty more tomorrow and in the following days all ready to pounce on us and leave our wallets empty!